Whilst staying at Paresa in Thailand, we took a day trip to the old Phuket Town in the heart of the island. We set off at 6.30am for the 30 minutes drive on winding streets covered with snoozing dogs, roadside markets and cliff top bar shacks, small families squeezed onto scooters, trucks with half a dozen people on the back, barefoot monks dressed in orange and the odd elephant trundling alongside the cars. The crickets came alive with the sunrise, as we were approaching the colourful, cosmopolitan town.
30 December 2015
Earlier today I ventured outside to run some errands in Camden (and almost got blown away) wearing a cosy knitted jumper dress from Boohoo with a black faux fur scarf, over the knee boots, vintage pearl earrings and red lipstick. Storm Frank is creeping towards London and it's dark, drizzly and miserable here this afternoon. Still, I certainly shouldn't complain and my thoughts are with the poor people up and down the country dealing with floods, gale force winds and power cuts. Wrap up and stay safe.
27 December 2015
A couple of months ago my school bestie and I travelled up to Black Park in Buckinghamshire for an afternoon of outdoor fun, tree climbing and forest segways at Go Ape. The Black Park location is set in 530 acres of woodland next to Pinewood Studios, filled with squealing children's birthday parties, families and groups of friends embracing their inner Tarzan for the day.
26 December 2015
I'm spending Christmas in London for the first time this year, at my brother and sister-in-law's house with their newborn baby boy and my mum. For Christmas Day, I wore this metallic vintage Dior jumper which I bring out every year and love: I wear black all the time, blue is my favourite colour and I'm a massive magpie so this sparkly sweater from the 80s ticks all the right boxes.
23 December 2015
Last week in Paris I made my way up to Montmartre to visit the most famous cabaret in the world. The legendary Moulin Rouge opened in 1889 in a building marked by a large red turning windmill on the roof in the 18th arrondissement. Today, the 100 dancers and musicians put on two shows a day, 365 days a year, hosting 630,000 spectators from around the world and popping 240,000 bottles of Champagne a year.
22 December 2015
Model Aline Weber shines in jewel tone dresses, statement jewellery and bold accessories with extravagant gifts in this festive photoshoot photographed by Zee Nunes for the December 2013 issue of Vogue Brazil. I love Christmas editorials.
21 December 2015
Last minute Christmas presents and stocking fillers for interiors lovers and stylish homes.
1. blue mini gem vase - I love coloured glass and this little geometric vase looks great on its own or with flowers
2. Mason Cash mixing bowl - a kitchen classic to help channel your inner Nigella
4. Nutribullet - for the best homemade smoothies, every kitchen needs one!5. retro copper telephone - high shine phone to add a touch of sixties style to any home
6. The White Company candle - large glass pomegranate and mandarin candle which burns for 54 hours
7. Dior by Avedon - because no living room is complete without a stack of glossy coffee table books8. Laura Ashley lidded glass cake stand - for delicious cakes too good to eat
9. Litecraft tiffany lamp - I have a thing for Tiffany lamps; this neutral honey and antique brass one would go in any room
10. John Lewis basket weave throw - wool blend woven blanket finished with tassels to throw over sofa arms
15 December 2015
Last month I was up in Glasgow for a weekend of good food, architecture and fashion, the highlight of which was the Scottish Style Awards at the beautiful Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum. I relish any opportunity to dress up, so loved attending one the most stylish nights of the year in Scotland.
10 December 2015
Christmas presents and stocking fillers for beauty, perfume and skincare lovers.
1. Black Lips Print at Notonthehighstreet - a chic monochrome kiss to glam up the home
2. Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon Eyeshadow - this creamy pencil in a silvery mink colour makes blue eyes pop
3. Molton Brown hand cream gift set - these rich, indulgent hand creams are real people-pleasers
4. Coach Metallic Cherry Cosmetic Case - smart make up bag in textured leather
5. Diptyque Rose Candle - the classic dressing table essential
6. Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette - the cult neutral, smoky eye palette every woman needs
8. Jean Paul Gaultier Glam Classique - I'll be restocking this gorgeous perfume as a Christmas present to myself
9. GelTouch Starter Kit - SUCH an exciting discovery: this LED lamp and top coat turns any nail polish into a gel. Hooked.
10. Tom Ford Lips & Boys lipstick - the rosy pink Addison shade is perfect for a touch of everyday glamour
3 December 2015
Last month I was over in California for ten days, starting off in Santa Monica for our friends' wedding in a beautiful outdoor venue up on Topanga Canyon called The Inn of the Seventh Ray which served locally sourced, seasonal food on white iron tables and chairs surrounded by trees, plants and twinkling fairy lights.
2 December 2015
The Christmas countdown is on! If you haven't already made a considerable dent in your gift shopping list it's time to get cracking - here are ten stylish gift ideas for women to put you on your way.
1. Gemporia freshwater pearl earrings - because every girl wants something sparkling under the tree
3. New Balance 574 trainers - black and white suede trainers versatile enough to dress up or down
5. animal print Phase Eight scarf - soft brushed scarf in leopard print with tassel hems
7. Frends Layla headphones - I've had mine for three years and I love them: stylish, good quality and decent sound
8. Parfait Charlotte lingerie set - new undies at Christmas is a must and I love this retro-inspired dusty pink set
9. Lulu Guinness enamel lipstick keyring - add a little glamour to the daily handbag scrummage
10. Diptyque candles - a trio of glass votives with the best-selling Baies, Roses and Figuier fragrances